Please read the following terms & conditions carefully as they will tell you everything you need to know about the agreement you will enter into once you accept a quotation for Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. to install central heating equipment, install and maintain water/waste pipework, carry out installation of appliances and maintain gas appliances in your home.
1. The price quoted is open for acceptance within 30 days providing that the work can be commenced within 90 days (excluded quotes for repairs to gas appliances or central heating), both periods being from the date of the quotation. If you decide that you would like us to commence work after this time, we will let you know if there has been a change in the price requiring a revised quotation and the reasons why.
2. Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. shall quote the cost of installing/repairing central heating equipment or gas appliances as discussed with you and/or specified in the quotation form. Once you have accepted this quotation Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. undertake to carry out all the work necessary to complete the work described in our specification and this quotation subject to the conditions below.
3. Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. will carry out the whole of the work specified in this quotation at the price quoted but any variation or additional requested by you and carried out by Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. including variations the necessity of which becomes apparent after work commences, will be subject to an additional charge. We will need to access your home at all times during installation/repair.
4. The time estimate provided for completion of installation is our best estimate of the likely time scale prior to commencement of the installation, and we cannot accept liability for any cost, losses or expense of whatever nature incurred by you as a result of any delays.
5. The price specified in the quotation does not include the price of removing any dangerous or hazardous waste material as required under the landfill regulations or Waste electrical equipment regulations found when installing/repairing/maintaining your central heating/ gas appliance. This will be subject to an additional charge.
6. If you are a tenant, you will need your landlord’s permission to carry out the work covered by this quotation/invoice. Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. will assume that you have obtained such permission. Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. shall not have any liability for any loss or damage however arising from failure to obtain such permission.
7. Your order is accepted subject to the condition that you are responsible for ensuring that there is an adequate gas supply to the dwelling prior to the commencement of the work. Where Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. states “fitted to point” it means to a suitable gas point within 1.5 metres of the position to which the appliance is to be fitted. Any extra pipe work or alterations to fire openings, flue, cabinetry etc. will be at extra cost to you. Where such a supply is not laid or fire openings or cabinetry require alteration to enable work to commence within 90 days of the date of the quotation, Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. reserve the right to cancel your order and Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. shall not have any liability for any costs, loss or damage arising from such a cancellation.
8. All fitted furniture, carpets, linoleum and special types of flooring, for example, tongue and groove parquet, hardwood, rubber or tiled floors must be removed as required by Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. and you shall be responsible for their replacement when the work is completed. In many cases, this removal and replacement is best left to a specialist contractor and you should seek advice accordingly.
9. The work will be carried out in a professional manner but Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. cannot be held liable for any damage unavoidably caused to decorations, fittings and the like as a result of installing/maintaining any new or existing equipment as specified in the quotation or removing, replacing or disturbing existing pipe work, appliances, tanks, cylinders or other fixtures and fittings.
10. Where Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. needs to connect new equipment to your existing central heating system it shall not be liable for any breakdown or poor performance of or damage caused to your existing system as a result of faulty pipe work or some other defect or malfunction of your central heating system.
11. Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. cannot accept liability for any deterioration in the performance of the central heating system caused by fluctuations in the water pressure provided by your water supplier.
12. Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. shall not have any liability for any failure to perform its obligations under this quotation/invoice if it is prevented from doing so by causes reasonably beyond its control, including unforeseen circumstances, such as industrial disputes, strikes, lock-outs, fire, accidents, war or problems with the fabric of the building including the roof, or problems with goods being delivered on time by a third party.
13. Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. shall not have any liability for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage or loss of profit with the exception of damage for death or personal injury. The total liability of Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. under this agreement shall not exceed the price paid. Further, should any additional work be required as a result of such unforeseen circumstances, you will be responsible for meeting the costs of such work.
14. To complete your central heating/gas appliance installation/maintenance/repair as quickly as possible, Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. may need to use sub-contractors. Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. will ensure high standards of work are by approved sub-contractors. For your security, all contractors will have suitable identification.
15. All work carried out by Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc., carries a full 12 months guarantee (only where materials and appliances are supplied by Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc.), except servicing/maintenance /repair work which is guaranteed for 28 days.
16. Should you cancel your order at any time prior to the commencement of the work, Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. will retain the deposit as a contribution towards any costs which it has incurred or the cost of parts.
17. A quotation/invoice cannot be varied except in writing by Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc.
18. In the absence of any prior written agreement to the contrary, payment of charges are required of our invoice. Failure to make payment within 14 days of the due date will result in the matter being referred to our Debt Collection Agents whose charges will be added to, and payable with the invoice debt.
19. Materials and tools held at the Customer’s premises are the responsibility of the customer to ensure they are safe and secure, any losses of materials on site are chargeable.
20. Any additional work carried out not seen in the original survey will be chargeable at our current chargeable day rates.
21. Completed work may be photographed and used by Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. who own the copyright to such photographs.
22. This agreement is governed by Canadian law and the parties agree to abide by the exclusive jurisdiction of the Canadian courts.
23. Stage payments will be required on certain types of work exceeding $500.This will be in the form of a deposit and 20% stage payments during the course of the work as agreed by you and Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc..
24. Cancellation of any material purchased for use on the job and subsequently not required are chargeable at the suppliers “handling/restocking charge”.
25. We reserve the right to decline any work undertaking.
26. Unsafe or incorrectly fitted gas appliances covered by Local Regulations will be disconnected at the main supply and the regulatory authorities informed accordingly.
27. External drains, gutters and plumbing works exposed to the weather elements are not covered by any Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. warranties, all liability rest with the material supply warranty and the property owner.
28. The quotation price includes were appropriate, an electrician to wire, test and certify the appliance for connection to your property’s electrical supply. This assumes that your current wiring is sound and requires no alteration in order to meet the required standard under the current regulations. Should any alteration be required then the electrician will discuss any extra costs with you before work is carried out.
You will be required to settle this extra cost directly with the electrician.
29. Trusted Heating & Plumbing Inc. will not be responsible for the loss of wall insulation materials resulting from openings that need to be made as part of the installation works.